These Ocean Themed extruder discs come in a couple different options.
- 18mm Available Shapes: Shell, Fish, Starfish
- 23mm Available Shapes: Shell, Fish, Starfish, Seahorse, Seaweed (2-Piece Set)
- 24mmAvailable Shapes:: Shell, Fish, Starfish, Seahorse, Seaweed (2-Piece Set)
If you're new to soap extruders check out this video on how to use a soap (clay) extruder with soap dough. There are two different size extruders. The Makin brand which holds the 18mm size disc and the Fimo brand which works with the 23mm size discs. There are other/knock off brands to Makin. Note: I've tried a number and most work pretty well, though they sometimes have some minor issues. If you wanted to try one of them instead of Makin they should work just as well.
For best results use a soap dough that is not overly stick or hard. You want a soft and malleable soap dough so that it easily extrudes through the soap extruder.
Where to Buy Extruder Brands:
Check out these videos for more information:
- How to Make Soap Dough (Free YouTube Recipe by Star Crossed Soapery)
- How to Make Soap Dough (Free Blog Post by Lovin' Soap)
- How to Use an Extruder
- A Tutorial on Soap Dough (What is it? How to Make it. How to Use it.)
- Extruders: What are they and how do I know what disc size to use? (Explanation of the different extruders.)
The extruder discs are printed on demand item. When your order comes in, it will be placed in the print queue and processed in that order. If you need these discs right away please inquire as to current lead times, so you know if I can meet your time needs.
Also, please note that my store is currently only set up to ship within the USA. If you are outside of the states, but would like to order please email me @ email@example.com with what you'd like and your location and I can put together a shipping quote for you.
Care for you extruder discs
These discs are 3D printed and are made from PLA, which is not plastic, but a thermoplastic polyester made from fermented plant starch using renewable resources. PLA is biodegradable & environmentally friendly. Read more about PLA here!
The extruders discs do not deal well with heat. Do not wash in a dishwasher. Use cool to lukewarm water to clean your discs. Avoid soaking in water for best longevity of your discs.