This natural pest deterrent is perfect for fighting off the summer-time swarms!
Description: Keep those pesky bugs away this summer with my “Bug Off” bug deterrent. Simply shake the bottle before use, spritz yourself (avoid the face) and keep the bugs away! Do not use on children under three or if pregnant.
What will you find in the essential oil blend?
- Citronella is well known to repel mosquitoes due to its abundant citronellol, neral and geraniol.
- Lemongrass and Litsea Oils are also abundant in citronellol, and geraniol, bolstering Citronella’s effectiveness.
- Cedarwood’s anti-insect properties are well known and research suggests the nepalactone in Catnip oil is a more effective insect deterrent than DEET!
- Patchouli is used to keep insects away.
- Eucalyptus! Did you know that due to the high cineol content, in the USA Eucalyptus was registered as an insecticide in 1948. Bugs don't like Eucalyptus!
- Tea Tree Oil is effective for the same reason.
- Lastly, Lavender Oil, which might not be the most efficacious stand-alone insect deterrent, but it is the perfect sweetener.